Storytelling and wilding

My friend just launched her new site: wildstorycommons. Thought it might be of interest here.

https://www.wildstorycommons.org/?fbclid=IwAR2YOroaX3qqZ7VtX8vQwyWMquJXj3bTJv-gHILyjhURgAlfIsCZ1ZeG0qs]

I was also thinking recently about the importance of storytelling in moving into the kind of world we’d like to see. Of course, the kind of world I’d like to see may differ from the world you’d like to see, but I’m starting from the assumption here that most of us on here would like to be part of bringing in a world for human beings that is harmonious with the natural world, and where our actions and choices bring about regeneration and thriving.

I know that people here have brought up how key the stories we hold are, and that if we explore them - both stories we don’t know we’re holding and stories about what’s possible about the future we’re moving into - we may find something of real value to us.

As a late teenager I fell in love with Women Who Run With The Wolves. It was the first time I had been shown that many stories had important lessons to teach us, wisdom to impart, about being a woman; about life itself. The experience of reading it felt so rich, like a group of ancestors were speaking to me, giving me something to help me navigate life.

Nothing more than this, really; I just wanted to share that I’m getting it now, the importance of storytelling.

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more about the importance of storytelling in making sense of our lives and the world around us. It’s one of our oldest and deepest ‘technologies’ … and Women Who Run With The Wolves illustrates this beautifully. I would love to see a similar treatment of many of the stories which have been passed down over generations - The Brothers Grimm, Hans Christian Anderson, Tales of the Arabian Knights and so on. :slight_smile:

And if anyone wants to have a go at writing vision stories here, I’d love to read them! Sure we might all have different ideas about the world we want to see, but there will be common threads, and frankly I’m growing a little weary of the dystopian futures sketched out in so much of our futurist literature … a few positive options would be welcome.

1 Like